Happy Winter Solstice

Happy Winter Solstice everyone. Seriously I don't really know what does festive about and yet I celebrate it every year. At this time, we Chinese always make a kind of flour thing, named "Tang Yuan" in Chinese. It always is white in colour or you can add colour yourself, coated with crunched peanut and sugar. That's what my mum always prepared for us to eat every year.

Pictures explained more than what I said I guess.

The "tang yuan"

Then cooked them in boiling water. Sorry my water ain't boiling because the fire not really strong.

Then coated with this crunched peanut with sugar.


Final product is something like this :)

Later this late afternoon, I went to Wisma San Yan with my family. I can confirm that San Yan is the most fancy shopping complex in Sibu. In Sibu only. It combines offices and shopping complex together.


The fanciest building in Sibu. Wisma San Yan.

Fancy huh?
Having window-shopping inside. Walked the whole shopping complex. Had a McD ice-cream shake. Nice one. Then, before I went home I saw this sign.....Made me burst into laughter.

FYI to those doesn't know who Datuk T. Mahmud is, he's our Sarawak Chief Minister for almost 20+ years. And still serving. Wonder how many times he had stepped his feet into San Yan??? Special reserve for him eh...


I guess that's all. Tomorrow gonna be back to Miri.
Byebye

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger