Youth Rally "Set Free" by Father Stan Fortuna Part 1

One word to start off....WOAH~ Father Stan Fortuna is just great. This is his second time he come to Miri though. Last year and this year and it's very sad that the organizing committee said it's their last time to invite Father Stan Fortuna to Miri.

Anyway, this time the theme for this Youth Rally is "Set Free" which by words you can directly guess the content of this rally. Yes, it's all about "washing over" yourself. This morning, arrived at Imperial Mall Grand Ball Room at 0630hrs, saw many many friends either from school or in tuition. Scene when I arrived at the spot with my brother.

Inside the ballroom. I choose the worst place ever to seat.


Because of this blocking my view.

Then we had a mass. After the mass, it's tea-break. My brother strategy is to eat a LOT during Tea Break and then at noon no more lunch. I know it sounds STINGY but we did it. First Talk is "I am Unique, Special and Lovable". I know you guys might be thinking that all the talks are extremely boring. But Father Stan knows what youths are thinking. So he's a very good speaker. Always makes fun using lot's of his own experience and funny voices. Basically only at his talks, I wouldn't feel sleepy so far.

Then it's lunch time which is no-free-meal. Me and my brother spent the time going to Computer hardware shop looking for an ADSL splitter(as my home one is already broken and it's annoying) and also a mouse for my brother(because his has a broken scroll wheel"Then off to have some dessert, expensive one. Two cups for RM10.50. Jeez.....But high quality stuff of course(for me).

After that, went back to the Ball Room for the second and third talk which is "I am A Temple Of The Holy Spirit" and also "Forgiveness and Freedom" I like the third talk and I always find it's hard to forgive someone and Father Stan said "It's very hard to forgive someone that is your enemy, it takes a lot of time. And if you're the one who are asking for forgiveness and people are unwillingly for forgive you, be patient."

Father Stan will start off each of his talks with his own created song to praise the God. I mean he makes the song on-the-spot. No lyrics no "bean sprouts"(as in notes). He just make the background sound with his electric guitar that he brings then off he goes. I'm very impress of him. Very much.

After the third talk is Counseling and Confession which I didn't go because I'm don't know how to confess in English. It may sounds like a excuse but I didn't go for it.

Tomorrow and after tomorrow still have to go to the rally. Enjoy every seconds of it very much. And I'm sorry for the poor quality pictures and long boring post.

That's it
Byebye

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice. More photos can be view at our Miri Diocese Website.
www.md.dohisway.com

Powered By Blogger